1. Bottomless Brunch at Zengo in Chinatown. For $35, you get to nosh on the yummiest eats and sip some delicious drinks. We ordered…everything. Favorites included these lobster-chipotle grits, the crispy tofu with roasted corn-potato salad, shrimp-vegetable potstickers, short rib hash with poached egg and the angry zengo roll. We literally stayed from open to close.
2. Crafty Bastards in Union Market! Admittedly, the crowds pushed one of these Hungry Texans indoors to the Rappahannock oyster bar, but we scored a couple of good finds nonetheless. (pic)
3. Seven thousand people outfitted in neon & music for miles? Count us in! We had such a blast at the LivingSocial Glow-in-the-Dark 5k at RFK Stadium. One of us ran the distance while the other volunteered with the video crew behind the scenes, but a good time was had by all. Highlights were the step performance at the post-5k dance party and the 1000 Solar Lamps that were donated by LivingSocial to Somalian school children.
4. Why on earth would you wake up at 5am when it’s so blistery cold outside? To make 24 dozen eggs for breakfast service at Miriam’s Kitchen, of course!
5. Thanks to our frayands John & Julia, we’re lovin’ Macklemore this week. Sure, his thrift shop threads are bumpin’, but his power ballad “And We Danced” makes us…well…dance. (pic)
6. And finally, happy Bijoulais Nouveau to all you mediocre wine enthusiasts out there. The celebration is far stronger than the vino, but it gave us a chance to make these French Onion Soup Dumplings, so laissez les bons temps rouler!
the hungry texans